Monday, January 18, 2010

1/18

so i thoguht about it and realized that i've been going about this whole art thing the wrong way. i've kinda just been sitting around, waiting for something to inspire me and an idea to take me. but thats obviously not working because i've started like 5 pieces and havent finished any. what i need to start doing now is actually think about my art and how i want it to look. usually how it works is i have an idea, apply it, and then see how it looked. now i'm gonna try and think of my end product a little more. it's like the difference between starting the car and just driving til you find someplace, or figuring out where you wanna go before you start the engine. I also think i need to just make myself work sometimes, even if it doesnt turn out amazing, i'll still learn from it. right now i'm working on a handful of pieces and none of them are done. hopefully soon i'll have like twenty things finished. and maybe i wont like 15 of them. but there will be those 5 that i will. i really hope i actually can motivate myself to do this.
so yeah, my names travis tang, and youll be seeing me doing a lot more art.

1 comment:

  1. go Travis! i think it's good that your getting more motivated, i need to do more art too.

    ReplyDelete